Some of the most notable benefits of bitter melon tea include its ability to fight against cancer, prevent chronic , lower cholesterol levels, regulate diabetes, stimulate the system and help the metabolism, among others. There are a number of side effects to this that must be considered, including dangerously low sugar, , severe reactions, decreased , headaches, and . Most of these side effects can be avoided if you drink the tea in moderation, and speak to your about any potential the tea could cause before drinking it.
What is Bitter Melon Tea?
Bitter cucumbers. They also change color to a yellow- when they are ready to be harvested. The tea, unlike many other remedies, is produced by multiple parts of the plant, including the seeds, fruit and leaves. The impressive list of benefits of bitter melon tea is mainly due to the high concentration of vitamin A, vitamin C and B-family vitamins, potassium, magnesium and zinc, as well as the compounds.tea is also known as bitter tea in many parts of the , but they are the same thing. Scientifically known as Momordica charantia, the bitter gourd plant produces that resembled , bumpy
Bitter Melon Tea Benefits
Drinking bitter melon tea is great for risk of cancer.from , a slow , high levels, a weak immune system, issues, or a high
With high levels of stress by neutralizing free radicals.acid, bitter melon tea can be very helpful for stimulating the immune system. C can increase the production of white blood , and also acts as an within the , suppressing
A number of studies have been conducted on bitter melon tea’s effects on breast cancer cells.cells. Basically, the compounds found in bitter melon tea can prevent the growth and reproduction of cells, specifically
The high antioxidant levels found in bitter melon tea make it ideal for preventing chronic disease, such as heartdisease and cancer, as well as autoimmune diseases. As a full body , this tea has a wide variety of applications in health.
The rich supply of B-family lemon make this tea excellent for stimulating and optimizing the of the body. This can result in more efficient and metabolic function, including passive fat-burning.found in bitter
Bitter melon tea has been connected to lower atherosclerosis, as well as coronary disease, heart attacks and .levels in the body, which means less harmful deposition of cholesterol in the . This can help to prevent
One of the main uses of bitter diabetic . Compounds like vicine and charatin are able to lower blood levels by regulating metabolism. This prevents the and drops in levels that can be so dangerous to . However, if you are taking blood sugar-lowering medication, adding bitter melon tea to your health regimen can be dangerous.is for the regulation of
Detoxify the Body
Although an excess of bitter lemon tea can result in liver damage, in appropriate amounts, it can eliminate inflammation of the liver. This not only keeps the liver functioning well, but can also moderate liver-induced skin conditions, such as eczemaand psoriasis.
Notable levels ofmean that this herbal tea is also excellent for improving vision health. Vitamin A is derived from beta- , and acts as an antioxidant that can prevent and slow the of .
How to Make Bitter Melon Tea?
Bitter melon tea is quite easy to prepare, and only requires a dried bitter melon (gourd) and hot honey to the flavor, if desired. Most call for dried bitter melon leaves or a bitter melon itself, but you can also use a fresh bitter melon, if you have one on . The preparation of this tea is quite unique, and can be made with the leaves, and , since there are valuable in all three. First, up the dried/fresh bitter melon and thoroughly the slices. Then, you are ready to !, as well as
- 2 cups of dried (or fresh) bitter melon
- 2 cups of water (filtered)
- or sugar, if desired
Step 1 – Bring the water to a boil in a and then add the chopped bitter melon.
Step 2 – Put the lid on the pot andfor 10 minutes at medium .
Step 3 – Remove from heat and allow to steep for an additional 10 minutes (no lid)
Step 4 –the mixture into a or .
Step 5 – Add the honey or sugar, if necessary, and enjoy!
Side Effects of Bitter Melon Tea
The side effects of drinking bitter melon tea include dangerous allergic reactions, liver failure, heart conditions, extremely low blood sugar, and a variety ofeffects. While these are rare, they can be quite severe, and depending on your history and current prescription medications, it would be wise to speak with a doctor before adding this powerful tea to your daily health regimen.
- Diabetes – The ability of bitter melon tea to lower blood sugar can be good for , but it can also cause if you are also taking blood sugar-lowering medication. Diabetic patients should not use this herbal remedy without first consulting their doctor, particularly if they are prescribed a diabetes medication.
- Liver Health – Used over short periods of time, bitter melon tea won’t damage your liver, but extended use can increase liver , which can then lead to other complications in the body, such as or inflammation of tissue. If you have pre-existing liver conditions, such as , use of this tea should be monitored very carefully.
- Allergic Reaction – There is a unique enzyme in the body that helps to keep blood cells in the right shape; if you are deficient in this enzyme, you are susceptible to an allergic reaction from a unique compound that is found in bitter melon, called vicine.jaundice, convulsions, and even death. This comes in the form of a severe allergic reaction, which can potentially be fatal, and is characterized by nausea, vomiting,
- Pregnancy – The powerful active compounds in bitter melon tea can induce , which is dangerous if you are , as this can cause premature or . It may be safe to take this tea in the final , or as a labor stimulant, but it should be used with extreme caution at any time during .
- Inflammation – Some of the other side effects of this tea include fever. If you experience any of these side effects, you should discontinue use of this tea. conditions in the body, such as gastrointestinal , , nausea, , and